Web log analysis used to be a tricky and time-consuming endeavor. Not too long ago, you had to comb through millions of lines of text trying to pull out the most popular pages, browser, type of computer, etc. Today there are many useful Web-based software applications that simplify the Web logs into useful reports. We find that Urchin provides one of the most intuitive and easy to use Web analysis applications in the market. We will explain the terminology used by Urchin. We will explain the strengths and weaknesses of Urchin, including what Urchin might miss or over-state.
We will address the following areas in our coverage of web log analysis:
- Principles of web log analysis.
- Using Urchin and defining Urchin's terminologies.
- Understanding and determining entry points, exit points and top click-through paths.
- Analyzing where users are coming from, when your site is most active and how to adjust your site to better address your audience.
- Understanding codes such as 401 and errors, and what to do when you see them.
- Affiliate programs and how to analyze affiliates through Web banners, email marketing, search engines and more.
- Reviewing and understanding the keywords used to find your site.
- Determining your audience's computer systems and browser types.
Call us to schedule a private appointment or for available openings at 877-GO-RUSTY (877-467-8789) x0 or 845-369-6869 x0.
Hear what some of the seminar attendees had to say at the Web Seminar Testimonials Section!